MacroDroid Forums

A forum for discussing all things MacroDroid
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to macrodroid

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: GPS On/Off does'nt work AS intended
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:05 pm 

Hi, MD is great and just what I was looking for (Tasker being rather complicated). Alas under 5.1.1 (CM13) location is not shut on/off, but from OFF to GPS only, and if I set it to high accuracy (WiFi/Cell+GPS) and then turn off, it switches to 'save energy' (WiFi/Cell info) and then vice versa(W/C=>GPS). If I use 'switch' it's the same.

BTW: Also I'm looking for a way to switch night and day mode (colour temperature of the screen) not using sunrise/sunset as the automatic does, but there seems no option to do that?

Cheerio ChrisMacro

Report this post

Post subject: Upps, it does :-) (Re: GPS On/Off does'nt work AS intended)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:29 pm 

Sorry, intensly looking at all actions I found the right one: location!!!!
THX for this fine tool!!!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: GPS On/Off does'nt work AS intended
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:56 pm 

ChrisMacro wrote:
Hi, MD is great and just what I was looking for (Tasker being rather complicated). Alas under 5.1.1 (CM13) location is not shut on/off, but from OFF to GPS only, and if I set it to high accuracy (WiFi/Cell+GPS) and then turn off, it switches to 'save energy' (WiFi/Cell info) and then vice versa(W/C=>GPS). If I use 'switch' it's the same.

I have the same problem.
Is there a solution for this?

Thx

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 am 
Site Admin

Please use the set location mode action, it should work much more reliably across all devices.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 am 

I don't have a "location" mode in the actions section, only "set location update rate", "share location", and "force location update". I'm using Macrodroid version 3.18.1, LG Escape 3 phone running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The only place that even mentions GPS is in the "triggers" section, nothing in the "action" section. What I wanted to do was when I left my home area (GeoFence), to switch from battery-saving location mode which only uses Wifi networks to high accuracy GPS. Not sure if that's even possible?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am 
Site Admin

You might need to enable root only options to see the location mode action. It should display normally as can be made to work with an ADB hack so I will check why it's only displayed only when root options are enabled.

Report this post